You can enjoy an unmatched and mesmerizing panoramic train journey, as you pass through the ancient towns of the Incas. Travel through the alpine meadows nestled amongst the green, brown and white peaks, the intricately formed valleys, layers of handmade Inca farming terraces, ridged snowcapped mountains and sub-tropical jungle near the Amazon up to Aguas Calientes. Transported by shuttle bus from Aguas Calientes to begin your connection to the natural world and cultural show at the citadel of Machu Picchu (2,400m/7907ft). Catch yourself as you travel back in time to this magical place, sacred and mysterious, with the name of Machu-Picchu, “The Old Sacred Mountain.” Take your time exploring the majestic Machu Picchu, the Incan ruins rich in history of its past and the thriving culture of the people who once resided there.
1 Day:Sacred Valley
The Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu tour is one of the travelers’ favourite. It is one of the best options to reach Machu Picchu because during the journey to the World Heritage Site, you’ll be able to visit the different areas of the Sacred Valley: the market, the archaeological site of Pisac and the fortress of Ollantaytambo. Once in Ollantaytambo you’ll take the train to Machu Picchu Town (Aguas Calientes).
2 Day: Machu Picchu Town - Aguas Calientes
The second day is dedicated to visit Machu Picchu, there is a guided tour of two hours and free time to explore the citadel. After the visit, you can choose which bus you want to take to return to Machu Picchu Town (Aguas Calientes) for lunch and take the train back to Ollantaytambo. Once there, a transfer will be waiting for you to take you to Cusco.
- Briefing about the tour one day before the trip.
- Transfer from your hotel in Cusco to the Ollantaytambo train station, round trip in personalized.
- Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes train tickets (Round trip).
- Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu bus tickets (Round trip).
- Machu Picchu entrance tickets.
- Professional bilingual guide - English / Spanish (Ask for other languages with additional prices).
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu.
- Services not mentioned before.
- Machu Picchu, a place of great stories.
- You must bring cash to buy the tickets, and passport if you are foreigners and DNI if you are Peruvians.