This is one of the best options to visit the city of Cusco, Qoricancha the temple of the sun, Saqsayhuaman and its megalithic construction that allows you to imagine how great was the Inca Culture.
The famous Sacred Valley in an exclusive tour with its gigantic Inca sites like Pisaq, Ollantaytambo and its friendly people with local markets, then you will have more than 7 hours to visit the mysterious citadel of Machupicchu in a train or bus trip. You will have the option to see the sunrise there and you will have enough time to walk freely around the city of Cusco, then we will take you back to the airport for your return to Lima.
Day 1: Cusco - City Tour.
We`ll pick you up from Airport, then we'll take you to the hotel you chose, you'll have the morning free to walk around the Cusco's city, In the Afternoon after lunch we'll pick you up from the Hotel (13:30 hours) to start the City tour, More than visit only the Cusco city itself, in this tour you’ll have the option to visit Inca’s sites located around the upper part of Cusco; the only place into Cusco City will be Qoricancha, this place is very well known as the Temple of the Sun, in Inca’s time this place was the most important religious center of all the Tawantinsuyo (original name of the Inca’s land), this place shows one of the finest constructions of the Inca masonry; then the next place to visit will be Saqsayhuaman located on the upper part of Cusco where you’ll have a really nice view of Cusco city, also here is the spot where you will be amazed by seeing the megalithic building made by the Incas, where they used gigantic boulders from 1 to 128 tons; continue our tour we’ll arrive in Qenqo, other ceremonial place dedicated to the Pachamama (Mother earth), this is a huge carved stone by the Incas, where they used this natural formation to make us imagine how hard was their work, then you’ll continue to Pukapukara a fortress and point to take control for all people who arrived in Cusco and we’ll end our tour visiting Tambomachay the temple of the water, then we’ll bring you back to the hotel in Cusco (6:30 p.m.).
Day 2: Cusco - Sacred Valley - Aguas Calientes.
We’ll pick you up from your hotel (8:30 a.m.) and we’ll leave to visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas, After Machu Picchu this is another really good option to visit, the views, people, local markets and the awesome Inca sites make this tour an unforgettable place, you’ll visit the Local Market of Pisaq where textiles, silver work, ceramics and so on are waiting for you, after this nice town we’ll go up to the top of the mountain where is located the huge Inca site of Pisaq with its gigantic Andean terraces and other constructions that have more than 500 years, after visit this place we’ll continue following the Wilcamayu (Sacred River) to Arrive in Urubamba where you’ll have free time to have lunch, then carrying on to Ollantaytambo the other Inca site, where you‘ll find one of the few places in Cusco and Peru where people continue living on the Inca Construction, almost all their streets have water channels; the religious site is located at the top where the temple of the sun is standing; In this place you'll finish the tour approximately at 16:00 hours (4:00 p.m.), at this time you'll go to the train station of Ollantaytambo, the train station is located to 5 minutes walking from the square of Ollantaytambo, this is the most popular place in this site; there, you’ll take the train to AGUAS CALIENTES (town of Machupicchu - 01 and 1/2 hours), once you arrive, the hotel's staff will be waiting for you with the name of the accomodation, arriving in the hotel you’ll meet with the guide of Machupicchu to talk about the visit of the next day.
Day 3: Machupicchu - Cusco.
You have the option to go up early in the morning to Machu Picchu, you’ll take a bus to arrive there (25 minutes), the guide will be waiting for you in the archaeological site of Machu Picchu then you’ll start the tour, you’ll be with the guide 02 hours after you’ll have free time other 2 or 3 hours (the park is open until 17:00 hours) in this free time you'll have option to visit Machupicchu by your own and if you want to climb up to Waynapicchu Mountain (2 and 1/2 hours hike) or Machu Picchu Mountain (3 and 1/2 hours hike), after the free time we have to go down to Aguas Calientes town (by bus) where you’ll have free time to have lunch, then you have to be ready at the train station to take your train to return, the train leaves at 18:20 hours, you have to be half an hour before in the train station, this train will bring you back to Ollantaytambo (02 hours) there we'll pick you up to bring you back by bus to Cusco (01 and an half) you’ll be in Cusco again at 22:30 hours (night in Cusco).
Day 4: Cusco - Free Time.
To go shopping and transfer to the bus terminal or airport.z
- Briefing: A day before the tour or the same day you start the tour we give you detailed information about your itinerary, where we also give you all the tickets that you will need on the trip, maps and all the relevant information that you have to know, this can be at your hotel or in our office INKA TIME.
- Tourist transportation: Minibusses in the City Tour, Sacred Valley Tour, these services are provided with minibusses of 15 or 20 people (Renault Master or Sprinter Mercedes Benz).
- Tour Guide in the City Tour and Sacred Valley: You will be well informed by our expert tour guides at each place of visit.
- The Entrance Tickets: We will have ready for you all tickets you need for all the sites around the City Tour and Sacred Valley (General Boleto Turistico + Qoricancha entrance fee).
- Train Tickets: We will book your round trip train tickets (Voyager Train IncaRail).
- Bus Tickets: We will give you ready tickets to go up and down in Machu Picchu.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu: We will have ready your passes to get into this beautiful place.
- Tour guide (Machu Picchu): Our guides will make you spend an excellent time in this wonderful place.
- Transportation to come back to Cusco: Transportation in minibusses of 15 or 19 people.
- Meals: There is a great variety of restaurants from US$ 8.
- Night in accommodation in Cusco and Aguas Calientes: if you wish we can give you Accommodation rates from US $ 15 per person or you can also visit www.booking.com where you have an endless number of accommodations; remember that in Aguas Calientes you will arrive at the village at 18:10 a.m. and Next day they leave early to visit Machu Picchu, so the accommodation is more for sleeping).
- Entrance fee to Waynapicchu mountain: US$ 15.00 (this is a hiking of 2 and an 1/2 hours) if you want to climb up this mountain you have to tell us before, because there are only 400 spaces per day.
- Entrance fee to Machupicchu mountain: US$ 15.00 (this is a hiking of 3 and an 1/2 hours) if you want to climb up this mountain you have to tell us before, because there are only 400 spaces per day. NOTE this is not the same entrance that you already have include for the citadel, this is an extra entrance for hiking the mountain.
- Tips: This is optional, our staff is well remunerated, this is why, it is not something indispensable or expectant, any amount will be well received.
- If you suffer from high blood pressure, please let the guide know.
- You must bring cash to buy the tickets, and passport if you are foreigners and DNI if you are Peruvians.